In short, QRimson is a code name for the new version of Quadradius we have been wanting to do for a while. It is being worked on once again, and we hope to bring it to conclusion this time around. I am redoing it so it is easier to play, eaier to maintain, uses newer technology, more stable, blah blah. But what it mainly means to our players are:
- Saved game states. So no more interruptions from dropped connections or closed browser windows. Get right back in on the action where you left off from.
- Arena Editor for unique game plays, along with the ability to share your Arenas
- up to 6 player mode, every man for himself, teams battles, etc.
- Custom power pools to choose from, to further customize your game play
- ELO ranking so you are rewarded for destroying better opponents
- Spectator mode, so others can watch the tourneys
- Clan and team concepts, so you can choose allegiances
- In game goals to accomplish, along with keeping track of your progress and skills
- Playback feature of previous games, to show off some cool combos or end games
There are posts all over this board on it, but this is an updated excerpt from one of those threads.
Oh, and obviously some new powers too. Lets just not call it NPT (New Power Tuesday).
When will it be here? Hard to say, I hope to start showing off alpha versions of it in a few weeks, betas in a few months, playable in spring? I don't call it Quadradius 2. I might later, but the techincal reason i dont is because a lot of games have sequels to re-charge their members. I envision old QR going away, and being replaced by this version, all accounts transfer. If I call it QR II later, that will just be marketing.
The newest talk on the matter is here.